SARAJEVO’ STUDY TOUR - Cross-border cooperation in pre-during and post conflict situation (Israel/Palestine)
15-17 April, 2016, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
AEBR Balkans in partnership with International Peace and Cooperation Center, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Shasha Center for Strategic Studies and the University of Sarajevo, Faculty of Architecture organized Sarajevo’ Study Tour “Cross-border cooperation in pre-during and post-conflict situation” from 15th to 17th April 2016.
The Study Tour was organized for Palestinians and Israelis engaged in the preparation of a strategic plan for the area between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea.
Goals of the Study Tour were:
- To study the experience of cooperation in states and societies located at different stages of conflict: pre-solution, following the solution and post-solution.
- To learn about cross-border projects in the following spheres: economics, workers mobility and labor markets, transportation, energy, water, environment, local authorities and joint planning
- To interview stakeholders associated with the projects.
- To learn about specific organizational models of planning and service provision associated with cooperation
- To learn about legal frameworks established by bordering states in order to enable cross-border cooperation
- To identify in all of these lessons relevant to the Israeli-Palestinian case.
The Study Tour was lead by Professor Shlomo Hasson, Head of The Shasha Center for Strategic Studies from Israel and Dr. Rami Nasrallah, International Peace and Cooperation Center from Palestine.